HobbyKings.com - Only the Elite
FAQ Search Staff Members Groups Register Login to check PMs
Rules Login/Out Store
Twitter Facebook YouTube Blog
NHL Headed Towards Lockout but the Cards Shall Continue

Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Hockey -> Hobby Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juan Dixon Collector

Topics: 1281
Feedback Score: 23

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: NHL Headed Towards Lockout but the Cards Shall Continue Reply with quote

So bummed/enraged/etc over the BS lockout but hope it allows me to get cards on the cheap, until then here's the ones I got pre-lockout...please come back to me soon NHL hockey Crying or Very sad

From my National break

^/99

^ /25

Mail

^ /100

^ 90/499 JSY#

^ /81, case hit

^ /100

^ /25, got this cheaper than most go for Very Happy

^ I refuse to believe these were used at the All-Star Festivities based on all the ones I've seen but either way I thought they looked good and got them for less than some were going for
TBlightning
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 56
Feedback Score: 12

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bummer about the lockout. Nice pickups and RNH rookie, what kind of material are those Ovechkin's by the way, it looks like a towel almost.
Juan Dixon Collector

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks man...it is indeed a towel

lockout blows major. I was supposed to sell my work's tickets beginning Wednesday. With lockout that won't happen yet people still came down today asking if they were on sale. With every explanation I have to give a part of me, preferably really small, dies

:facepalm:
ewilkens
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 271
Feedback Score: 98

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you guys on the lockout... Got an email from the Blackhawks explaining what'll happen to my canceled tickets and I just got mad. I want to go to the games, not have my tickets returned.

I'm actually refusing to pickup any NHL cards until the lockout is resolved (unless of course they get too cheap to refuse). Just part of my self-imposed NHL merchandise ban...

And now on to the important stuff.
Nice pickups! I'm really digging those Ovechkins. Look like some obscure memorabilia swatches from an all-star weekend.

International Shipping is difficult for me, so please inform me if you're overseas before negotiating for any of my cards

I trade by PV (personal value) it combines BV, SV and how much I really want the card involved.
Juan Dixon Collector

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ewilkens

haha man I got an email from TicketMaster today reminding me the Caps and Blue Jackets are playing in two weeks in Baltimore...let that sink in..I was like you bastards

I'm behind the players but eventually they'll cave. I see both sides of it but I can't side with the owners, who I don't believe are as bad off as they state. Add to it the lockout doesn't just affect the players and ownership, it hurts workers at the arena and business surrounding it. Plus if my work asked me to put my life on the line every day for millions of dollars then asked for a quarter of it and more back I'd have to say no...in my current situation thats like $1.50 so its no bid deal Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Hockey -> Hobby Talk All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: