HobbyKings.com - Only the Elite
FAQ Search Staff Members Groups Register Login to check PMs
Rules Login/Out Store
Twitter Facebook YouTube Blog
CSA Show Results with IP Autos

Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Football -> Hobby Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juan Dixon Collector

Topics: 1281
Feedback Score: 23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: CSA Show Results with IP Autos Reply with quote

Well once they announced who would be attending the CSA Show in Chantilly last weekend I decided I was going to have to finally break down and pay to get an IP auto of some people.

One of which happened to be this guy. You may have heard of him. He goes by RG3. Awesome guy, shame his handlers decided to talk to him when I got up there but he thanked me for coming out, shook my hand and I was on my way. I was disappointed that the marker was a bit faded but this came out better than the other picture i wanted which was RG3 diving over the goal line. The show made crazy money off of him this weekend too...he was signing around 1,000 items for mail orders before his scheduled signing, they said he was doing it beginning at 10am and his signing was scheduled for like 1:45pm. The cheapest cost was $150 for a "small auto" then more for bigger ones, inscriptions, etc and $150 for a photo op with him...all things sold out and he sold around another 1,000 during his show signing, or so the number I heard would be. Anyways

BAM

As if that wasn't enough I also got Angela Rypien, daughter of Redskins Super Bowl QB Mark Rypien, and current QB for the Baltimore Charm of the Legends Football League, formerly Lingerie Football League. Weird side note...her coach is Gary Clark...he was a primary receiver for Mark...awkward...anyways when she walked thru she seemed a little full of herself but then again when all the guys are whistling and catcalling I guess you would think you're hot stuff. When I got up there tho she was super nice and I mentioned that I heard she would be doing an event with my work in early June and she was like "oh yeah..I can't wait," she signed the pics and said she might have to purchase the head shot one and sign it for herself because she liked how it turned out...this was followed by an awkward laugh by me. Once she finished both she said she'd see me in a few weeks at the event we're holding...while true I'll actually be seeing her next week at another charity event..we'll see if she remembers me HA

Now that I've got those stupid stories out of the way we'll get to the boxes & singles I bought at the show

3 for $10

^ /100

^ /1440

2012 Topps Valor - Nice product but looks like Inception and cards are easily damaged during packing. The box/tin it comes in is cool tho

^ /150

^ /50...WHY?!?!?! Just WHY?!?!?!?! Guess Topps had some extra stickers lying around

^ /170

^ /25...not too bad...thought it may have been Marino at first...DOH

2012 Playbook

^ /199

^ /25

and the best hit..one off the Jsy #...8/20...finally got his auto

hairyangryfella
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 208
Feedback Score: 44

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lingerie football.... only in America...

That is a great photo for RGIII, sig looks a bit like on some of his Pen Pals cards though which is a slight shame.

Nothin' much to say right now...
Juan Dixon Collector

Topics: 1281
Feedback Score: 23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hairyangryfella wrote:

HAHA dude they've been playing in Australia the past few months..well their league version
cowboysrgr8
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 644
Feedback Score: 107

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great ip autos

nice pull on the drew brees

cowboys site- http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/aikmans/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
VicThaDish
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS

Topics: 4
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that RGIII auto is sweet! I wish he would come and do a show or 2 around the DFW area, oh well, one can wish....
SUPER MODERATOR

Topics: 145
Feedback Score: 28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan Dixon Collector wrote:
hairyangryfella wrote:

HAHA dude they've been playing in Australia the past few months..well their league version

so a bunch of fat dudes in even tinier shorts than they wear in rugby?

There's a thin line between your wit and your whining...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Football -> Hobby Talk All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: