HobbyKings.com - Only the Elite
FAQ Search Staff Members Groups Register Login to check PMs
Rules Login/Out Store
Twitter Facebook YouTube Blog
Roll call, how many are still here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Basketball -> Hobby Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AbraCalabro
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 304
Topics: 30
Feedback Score: 4
Location: 'Murica

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the face I'm making realizing that you've been on HK since 2006!!! Glad this thread drew you back out! Cool


Feeling pretty satisfied with myself now.



_________________
^-Undisputed Sergei Bazarevich Super Collector-^

-Shawn Kemp
-Complete sets
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146174927@N03/collections
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ty
VERIFIED TRADER


Age: 27
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 1692
Topics: 235
Feedback Score: 15
Location: Memphis

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbraCalabro wrote:
That's the face I'm making realizing that you've been on HK since 2006!!! Glad this thread drew you back out! Cool


Feeling pretty satisfied with myself now.




Hahahahahaha, love the gif!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
AbraCalabro
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 304
Topics: 30
Feedback Score: 4
Location: 'Murica

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty wrote:
AbraCalabro wrote:
That's the face I'm making realizing that you've been on HK since 2006!!! Glad this thread drew you back out! Cool


Feeling pretty satisfied with myself now.




Hahahahahaha, love the gif!


LOL

I found a pic of his cousin:



_________________
^-Undisputed Sergei Bazarevich Super Collector-^

-Shawn Kemp
-Complete sets
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146174927@N03/collections
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ty
VERIFIED TRADER


Age: 27
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 1692
Topics: 235
Feedback Score: 15
Location: Memphis

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbraCalabro wrote:
Ty wrote:
AbraCalabro wrote:
That's the face I'm making realizing that you've been on HK since 2006!!! Glad this thread drew you back out! Cool


Feeling pretty satisfied with myself now.




Hahahahahaha, love the gif!


LOL

I found a pic of his cousin:




That just made my day, haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Juan Dixon Collector
MODERATOR


Age: 35
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 16688
Topics: 1281
Feedback Score: 23
Location: Why do you need to know?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty is 27 now?!?!?!? I remember when you and Q were just young pups here...I feel old now
_________________
She's always in my heart and on my mind. 9/1/2005 - 12/8/2008 3 years of the Greatest Duo Ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ty
VERIFIED TRADER


Age: 27
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 1692
Topics: 235
Feedback Score: 15
Location: Memphis

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan Dixon Collector wrote:
Ty is 27 now?!?!?!? I remember when you and Q were just young pups here...I feel old now


Yep, I'm an old fart now. Times flies quickly. And after all these years, Q and I are still friends, haha, although he doesn't collect anymore, but he still is a jagoff. Very Happy

Also, I hope all is well, dude. It's been a long time. Very long time. I miss this site. This was more like a close family than anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
bdowden23
VERIFIED TRADER


Age: 35
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 3776
Topics: 358
Feedback Score: 13
Location: Lafayette, LA

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty wrote:
Juan Dixon Collector wrote:
Ty is 27 now?!?!?!? I remember when you and Q were just young pups here...I feel old now


Yep, I'm an old fart now. Times flies quickly. And after all these years, Q and I are still friends, haha, although he doesn't collect anymore, but he still is a jagoff. Very Happy

Also, I hope all is well, dude. It's been a long time. Very long time. I miss this site. This was more like a close family than anything.



Couldn't agree more.
_________________
ShaquilleO'nealCollection
ShareefAbdur-RahimCollection
StephonMarburyCollection
RETIRED FROM THE HOBBY....FOR NOW.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ty
VERIFIED TRADER


Age: 27
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 1692
Topics: 235
Feedback Score: 15
Location: Memphis

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdowden23 wrote:
Ty wrote:
Juan Dixon Collector wrote:
Ty is 27 now?!?!?!? I remember when you and Q were just young pups here...I feel old now


Yep, I'm an old fart now. Times flies quickly. And after all these years, Q and I are still friends, haha, although he doesn't collect anymore, but he still is a jagoff. Very Happy

Also, I hope all is well, dude. It's been a long time. Very long time. I miss this site. This was more like a close family than anything.



Couldn't agree more.


Hope all is well, man.

I know I keep mentioning it but damn, I miss this site. When this site was first getting going, I couldn't wait to get outta school and come home and chat about cards with you guys. If we had smartphones back then, I probably would've been on my phone all the time during class. There were a lot of good guys on here and the wealth of knowledge was remarkable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Depitydog
SUPER MODERATOR



Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Posts: 7233
Topics: 144
Feedback Score: 28

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ty wrote:
bdowden23 wrote:
Ty wrote:
Juan Dixon Collector wrote:
Ty is 27 now?!?!?!? I remember when you and Q were just young pups here...I feel old now


Yep, I'm an old fart now. Times flies quickly. And after all these years, Q and I are still friends, haha, although he doesn't collect anymore, but he still is a jagoff. Very Happy

Also, I hope all is well, dude. It's been a long time. Very long time. I miss this site. This was more like a close family than anything.



Couldn't agree more.


Hope all is well, man.

I know I keep mentioning it but damn, I miss this site. When this site was first getting going, I couldn't wait to get outta school and come home and chat about cards with you guys. If we had smartphones back then, I probably would've been on my phone all the time during class. There were a lot of good guys on here and the wealth of knowledge was remarkable.


Sucks I had to ban em all...
_________________

There's a thin line between your wit and your whining...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ty
VERIFIED TRADER


Age: 27
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 1692
Topics: 235
Feedback Score: 15
Location: Memphis

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it, Dep. You stone cold SOB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
BigZigBuysSellsJordan
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 1834
Topics: 117
Feedback Score: 1
Location: Nebraska

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when Dep wouldn't let me change my name.

I was going with "Depitydogg"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ljandkg
VERIFIED TRADER


Age: 43
Joined: 13 Jul 2006
Posts: 3774
Topics: 313
Feedback Score: 18
Location: New Zealand

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just checking in to read this thread and see what my sig looked like.

Great to see some of the OG's here for sure.
_________________
KG Jersey number #21/ count:

>>>>>>>>>>>201<<<<<<<<<<<

http://www.tc-collector.com/ljandkg_200/Collection/the-kevin-garnett-21-collection_1/Album-Details.html


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
raiducii
VERIFIED TRADER



Joined: 07 Feb 2008
Posts: 2276
Topics: 97
Feedback Score: 55
Location: Estonia/Europe

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking to check in more often, so fellas if you have some MJ 90ś autos FS, just lmk. Have been away quite a long time, but it is always follow PC threads and check some gems what everybody has added to their PC. cheers! better to get in touch via email, rait.cpt@gmail.com
_________________
MJ 4 EVER!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
beauchampson
VERIFIED TRADER



Joined: 03 Nov 2008
Posts: 1569
Topics: 185
Feedback Score: 45

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here about every other month to see if any new threads have populated, but as many have posted the activity is elsewhere now so thatís my daily read. Also most posts seem to be duplicates from other forums.
I check back because I truly enjoyed the old times here.
_________________
Collecting: Kobe and Garnett, Jordan Base Parallels through 98-99, Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
capo8300
VERIFIED TRADER


Age: 29
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Posts: 391
Topics: 43
Feedback Score: 31
Location: New Jersey, United States

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone on here have any 2005-06 Finest they want to unload?
_________________
Collecting:
2005-06 Finest Basketball Complete Set
2006-07 SP Authentic Auto's
BECKETT
http://www.hobbykings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59529
MY COLLECTION UPDATE
http://www.hobbykings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59653&highlight=
MY Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FedTPdBwM4Y
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kingpin8
MUST SEND FIRST, IF SELLING



Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 642
Topics: 23
Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did happen? Why did this place just die off?
_________________
I collect Stephon Marbury.
Total: 959- 26 Autos- 114 GU

Also: Michael Jordan, DWill, Kobe, Iverson, Durant, Westbrook, Chicago Cubs, Minnesota Vikings

My bucket/list: http://www.freewebs.com/fanofstarbury03/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
twentysomething
MUST SEND FIRST, IF SELLING


Age: 36
Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Posts: 1479
Topics: 102
Feedback Score: 6
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to love coming here to HK, i especially remember seeing Tim (Exquisite Collectors) maildays and being in awe.......then it seemed like this place became overrun with scammers flippers and everyone in between.......then the site just seemed to die.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Depitydog
SUPER MODERATOR



Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Posts: 7233
Topics: 144
Feedback Score: 28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingpin8 wrote:
What did happen? Why did this place just die off?


All the people we had to ban went to BO and got banned there as well... the people we didn't ban who were their friends got mad at us and left...

People matured...

People didn't like the panini model...

Facebook groups...

We didn't focus on keeping the site fresh and didn't have the expertise or connections needed

It seems like any time we brought on a mod who was actually active in the hobby, they used it unfortunately to scam or go sour...

Trolling became a thing...

Prospecting became a thing (in basketball)

Just a few things which are only opinions...
_________________

There's a thin line between your wit and your whining...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Umi
VERIFIED TRADER



Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 1819
Topics: 202
Feedback Score: 49
Location: Napa Valley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any chance of rebooting this website? Make it just basketball. Maybe shrink the Buy Sell Trade and boost the Hobby. And change that awful logo. And encourage more international collectors. I would be willing to help out if this is a possibility.
_________________
I collect Joe Johnson - 2,465 different cards, 438 1/1's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
francisco32kings
VERIFIED TRADER


Age: 35
Joined: 26 Oct 2006
Posts: 6161
Topics: 382
Feedback Score: 224
Location: Louisville, KY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what had happen was............??????

miss this site and all of the good guys that i met through here
_________________
email me celeste6232@yahoo.com

bucket is http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n111/vwgt6232/

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP ME WITH MY GARCIA, TWILL, EARL CLARK OR RONDO COLLECTIONS..
****GO CARDS!!!****DOUBLE TROUBLE***GO CARDS!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ncsuman1
VERIFIED TRADER


Age: 26
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 3535
Topics: 445
Feedback Score: 64

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umi wrote:
Is there any chance of rebooting this website? Make it just basketball. Maybe shrink the Buy Sell Trade and boost the Hobby. And change that awful logo. And encourage more international collectors. I would be willing to help out if this is a possibility.


Please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BigZigBuysSellsJordan
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 1834
Topics: 117
Feedback Score: 1
Location: Nebraska

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They all left because I stole all of their Shawn Bradley Stadium Club RCs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AbraCalabro
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 304
Topics: 30
Feedback Score: 4
Location: 'Murica

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umi wrote:
Is there any chance of rebooting this website? Make it just basketball. Maybe shrink the Buy Sell Trade and boost the Hobby. And change that awful logo. And encourage more international collectors. I would be willing to help out if this is a possibility.


Yes please.
_________________
^-Undisputed Sergei Bazarevich Super Collector-^

-Shawn Kemp
-Complete sets
https://www.flickr.com/photos/146174927@N03/collections
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kukocitb
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS


Age: 38
Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 340
Topics: 28
Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigZigBuysSellsJordan wrote:
They all left because I stole all of their Shawn Bradley Stadium Club RCs.


7 foot 6 BOOOMS
_________________
Collecting Toni Kukoc. Let me know what you have.

Wantlist: http://www.hobbykings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139923&highlight=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kukocitb
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS


Age: 38
Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 340
Topics: 28
Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbraCalabro wrote:
Umi wrote:
Is there any chance of rebooting this website? Make it just basketball. Maybe shrink the Buy Sell Trade and boost the Hobby. And change that awful logo. And encourage more international collectors. I would be willing to help out if this is a possibility.


Yes please.


Don't even need to reboot. Just get people back on here. People look and do not post. Post pictures (of cards LOL), post wants, Post anything except drama and hate and people will come. This ain't field of dreams this is basketball people! Keep posting. Keep commenting. anyone down to trade?
_________________
Collecting Toni Kukoc. Let me know what you have.

Wantlist: http://www.hobbykings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139923&highlight=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Basketball -> Hobby Talk All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
HobbyKings.com

Promote Your Page Too

phpBB Template by Vereor