HobbyKings.com - Only the Elite
FAQ Search Staff Members Groups Register Login to check PMs
Rules Login/Out Store
Twitter Facebook YouTube Blog
My national review

Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Basketball -> Hobby Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kukocitb
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS

Topics: 34
Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: My national review Reply with quote

It was a dark and stormy night…. Not really. I have never been great at writing so just stick with me on this.

I got to the show around 11:45 on Wednesday. DajuanWagner was waiting for me patiently since he does not own a cell phone….LOL! He wore a shirt saying Got Panini? No thanks (I may have the copyright on this). Many people got a good chuckle out of this at the show. The people at the Panini booth didn’t seem to think it was funny.
DajuanWagner, Mgoblue, and Lietuvalabas got into the show a little after noon. It helps to know the right people. When we first started going through the back half of the show we were not finding too much. We were looking for dime to fifty cent boxes and there was not much at first. Security stopped me and asked me where my badge was because the show wasn’t open to customers yet…. Since I did not have a badge I told her that it was at my table and she bought it even though I am a terrible liar.
Food is NOT cheap at the national. It also has close to zero taste. After my 8.75 piece of pizza I could keep myself moving forward. My saying is “You know how many Kukoc cards I can buy for 8.75?!?!?!?”
There was not a lot of basketball at the national. I was happy with what I was able to find. When I saw a table with basketball I would ask if they had any Kukoc. Most said no then after I dug through their stuff I would find some.
When we were done at the show on Wednesday a bunch of guys went to dinner at Longhorn steakhouse. I got a 20 oz. Ribeye with the bone attached. It was GREAT! At my table were DajuanWagner, BDRR, Slamma, and Longbombers. We had great discussions and solved all of Panini’s problems and world problems, but after the shot of Jagr we forgot them all. There were around 18 of us that went to dinner together. I think we all had a great time.
When we got back to our room after midnight Wednesday Mgoblue, Labas, DajuanWagner and I had some great conversation. We quoted family guy for a solid hour. Labas leaves and we are all falling asleep and Labas calls Matt’s phone. He forgot his dinner in the room. He had been at steak and shake for like a half hour waiting for his shake. So not only did I take him his left overs… he didn’t even get me a shake….LOL! It was GREAT meeting you Labas, but you owe me a shake. HA!
Thursday was an exhausting day. I got a Bill Cartwright auto on a mini ball which was cool. There was a dealer in the back that had top loaded cards for 10 cents a piece. I found around 160 refractors and other numbered cards. Wish I would have spent more time there. Most of the people I was hanging out with left Thursday night. I was originally planning to stay until Friday but I feel like I saw a majority of the show. DajuanWagner and I hit up Giordano’s after the show and had some great pizza and conversations. I was in Iowa when DajuanWagner called me to tell me I had his luggage and cards were in my trunk. Hopefully everything arrives back to him safely today.

I will post pics of some of the stuff I picked up in the near future. Some of the highlights were: 1995 Sports Action Face to Face uncut sheet with Kukoc on it, 2012-13 Exquisite Kukoc auto #ed to 70 (unlicensed but a SWEET looking card), a red and green PMG in football.
I met a TON of people from Blowout and other forums. I think I met everyone I wanted to except one person….. Tward. Sorry man. Multiple times I told myself I need to hunt you down but kept getting distracted.
DajuanWagner: you are a GREAT man. I am glad I was able to roam the rows of the national with you. We were able to help each other’s pc out. I am pretty sure we were separated at birth. You are a brother from another mother and I hope you get your shipment of stuff you left in my car ok…LOL! Glad I was able to score you a jersey numbered Wagner jersey auto for your pc.
MgoBlue: Matt. You are HILARIOUS. Not as funny as me but pretty close. You are also just a SUPER nice guy. I am glad I was able to find you some Webbers for your PC. I at least got you one you needed. Really hope we can get together again in the future. Maybe even next year in Cleveland we can do all of this again. Thanks for sharing your room with me.
Lietuvalabas: It was GREAT meeting you. Thanks for laughing at all my jokes even though they were not that funny. I am glad we agree on the best American Dad episode.

Frisbee Steve: Had a great time chatting with you. I hope you were able to snag some monsters for your PC. You know your stuff and any one that is friends with Abra is alllll good in my book.

Longbombers: Really nice to meet you. Hope you were able to grab some nice stuff.

SPauthentic: It was great meeting you even if only for a second. Sounds like you had a pretty good national and hope to run into you again the future.

BDRR: You are right. There only can be one BDRR…LOL! Had a good time chatting with you at your table and at dinner.

Slamma: One guy I look up to… literally. Sounds like you had a good show. You had some major monsters at the national. Had a great time chatting with you at dinner Wednesday night

Bballcards4days: It was nice meeting you. Hope the National treated you well.

Spurfanattech: It was great meeting you. Hope the national treated you well. You had some real nice stuff in your case. You know your stuff and you are a real nice guy.

CroationTwins: Had a good time chatting with you. Hope you had a successful national. Thanks for the shot of Jägermeister.

Gslayton: You gotta leave some 90s stuff for the rest of us….LOL! Looks like you had a pretty good national. It was nice to meet you in person and hope we can meet up again in the future.

SammyJenkins: It was AWESOME meeting you. Wish we could have chatted more but it was great meeting you. Thanks for the autograph passes. It was really cool getting to meet Bill Cartwright.

I am sure I left out some stuff and people… If I did I apologize and hope we can do this again in the near future.

Wantlist: http://www.hobbykings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139923&highlight=
BigZigBuysSellsJordan

Topics: 118
Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Jealous. Love it.
kukocitb

Topics: 34
Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few of the cards I picked up at the national.

Not a huge fan of unlicensed stuff but this card is SWEET in hand. Also like half an inch thick.
https://flic.kr/p/W3UWiq
Cheap Panini card but was able to find one after digging through MANY boxes
https://flic.kr/p/W3UWmm
This one was part of a BDRR special
https://flic.kr/p/XjMMhR
One of my favorite Panini products
https://flic.kr/p/W3UWpC
PMGs!!!!!!!!! Football
https://flic.kr/p/XjMMm8
Again more preferred
https://flic.kr/p/XjMMo2

Wantlist: http://www.hobbykings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139923&highlight=
Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Basketball -> Hobby Talk All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: