HobbyKings.com - Only the Elite
FAQ Search Staff Members Groups Register Login to check PMs
Rules Login/Out Store
Twitter Facebook YouTube
Suspect Luka Doncic Autographs

Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Basketball -> Hobby Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m1000
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS

Topics: 262
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Suspect Luka Doncic Autographs Reply with quote

Saw this on BO, and wanted to post more about it. There seems to be three variations to his autograph-
1- sticker autographs- loopy L and loopy K and defined U and A, that resembles LULU
2- on card autographs- narrow L and narrow K, scribbled U and scribbled A, that resembles LULU/LULU7
2- on card autographs- loopy L and loopy K and defined U and A, that resembles LULU

2016 Upper Deck autographs (sticker)
Autograph characteristics: Narrow L and narrow K. The gap between the vertical portions of L and vertical portions of K is very narrow. Overall signature resembles resembles lulu 7. No significant slant, mostly upright letters. Stickers likely signed sometime in 2016.

2017 Upper Deck autographs (sticker) (possibly excess from the previous 2016 batch of sticker autographs)

2018 Donruss Next Day Autograph (on card)
Autograph characteristics: Skinny L and skinny K. The gap between the vertical portions of L and vertical portions of K is very narrow. Overall signature resembles resembles lulu. Card likely signed in-person, August 12 2018, per NBA rookie photoshoot.

2018 Panini Instant Metal Next Day Autograph (on card)
Autograph characteristics: Narrow L and narrow K. The gap between the vertical portions of L and vertical portions of K is very narrow. Many examples have an extremely narrow K, without a loop evident. Overall signature resembles resembles lulu. Card likely signed in-person, August 12 2018, per NBA rookie photoshoot.

2018 Panini Autograph (sticker) (multiple products- Donruss, Contenders Draft, Prizm, Hoops)
Autograph characteristics: Looping L and looping K. The gap between the vertical portions of L and vertical portions of K is very wide. Overall signature resembles resembles lulu, with clearly defined letter u, twice. Unknown time line of signing the stickers, but likely after he officially signed his NBA contract.

2018 Certified Autographs (on card)
Autograph characteristics: Narrow L and narrow K. The gap between the vertical portions of L and vertical portions of K is extremely narrow. Many examples have an extremely narrow K, without a loop evident. Overall signature resembles two vertical lines and two scribbles. It seems as if he is rushing thru the letter U to get to the the K. Slant to the right. Unknown time line of signing, but likely after he officially signed his NBA contract.

2018 Certified Autograph Tools of the Trade (sticker)

2018 Absolute Memorabilia (on card)

2018 Absolute Memorabilia (sticker)

2018 Revolutions Autographs (on card)
Autograph characteristics: Looping L and looping K. The gap between the vertical portions of L and vertical portions of K is very wide. Overall signature resembles resembles lulu, with clearly defined letter u, twice. Heavy slant to the right. Unknown time line of signing, but likely after he officially signed his NBA contract. This on-card auto seems to match his sticker autographs.

2018 Revolutions Chinese New Year Autographs (sticker)

2018 Contenders Autographs (sticker)

2018 Contenders Autographs (on card)
This on-card auto seems to match his sticker autographs.

2018 Flawless Autographs (on card)
kukocitb
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS

Topics: 35
Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you thinking any of them are questionable or are you just noting the differences? Great info!

Wantlist: http://www.hobbykings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139923&highlight=
twentysomething
MUST SEND FIRST, IF SELLING

Topics: 102
Feedback Score: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have big concerns that the ones signed Lulu on stickers or on some cards were done by someone other than Luka.

The shortened or more rushed signature he signed on Draft night and then at the Photoshoot (there are images of him signing the Next Day auto) I think are more representative of his real signature.
tristan20
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 151
Feedback Score: 64

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panini Rookie sticker autos are always suspicious, they always look like a full auto and fully legible and almost never look anything like the on card.

It can't be coincidental that so many rookies magically change their auto.

INSTAGRAM - LOGOMANSHARK
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aznboy2k2
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 83
Feedback Score: 16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Luka Reply with quote

In my honest opinion, the LuLu ones are fake (done by either his mom or somebody else).
I wouldn't buy any LuLus. In fact, Impeccable just came out and they're "LuLus" as well.

The sloppy (LiLi) ones are his. You see it in all Fantatics, in person signings, Dallas Mavs promos.
You never see a LuLu in a confirmed signing unless it was done way back.

In my opinion, he tried to speed up his signature over the past year or so-- to the point where he'd rather spend his free time playing Fortnite than sign more crap for Panini (I don't blame him)-- then gotten to a point where he just handed it off to his mom/friend/who knows?

This is just my opinion, I'm no handwriting expert by any means, but, this at least deserves a discussion.

I'd love to see a video of Luka signing LuLus like in Prizm / Contenders.
MUST SEND FIRST, IF SELLING

Topics: 10
Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unless I see a video of him signing a Lulu then I'll be convinced
77ncaachamps
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 865
Feedback Score: 68

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tristan20 wrote:
Panini Rookie sticker autos are always suspicious, they always look like a full auto and fully legible and almost never look anything like the on card.

It can't be coincidental that so many rookies magically change their auto.

It's common to see some really nice autos from rookies from their first releases (like Photoshoot cards) then watch the autos get sloppy because their hand got tired from signing hundreds if not thousands in a single setting (or over the season).

OH! What could have been!

Top 10 Most Wanted Diener and Novak Card List

WILL trade cards for LEGO!

Some day, I will be a Supercollector in Beckett...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Basketball -> Hobby Talk All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: