HobbyKings.com - Only the Elite
FAQ Search Staff Members Groups Register Login to check PMs
Rules Login/Out Store
Twitter Facebook YouTube Blog
Mike Singeltary Fired

Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Football -> League Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GSWarriors8
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 351
Feedback Score: 54

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Mike Singeltary Fired Reply with quote

Quote:
"First, 49ers coach Mike Singletary lost the franchise's biggest game in eight years. Then, he lost his job of 26 months.

Team President Jed York fired Singletary soon after the team returned from Sunday's 25-17 loss to the Rams, a team source told The Chronicle shortly before the team made the announcement Sunday night.

Defensive line coach Jim Tomsula will be the interim coach for Sunday's season finale against Arizona at Candlestick Park.

"One of the greatest experiences of my life was having the opportunity to coach the San Francisco 49ers," Singletary said in a statement. "What made it so special were the players. They were some of the most outstanding men I have ever been around in my life."

With the 49ers officially eliminated from the NFC West title race by Sunday's loss, the team will begin its search for its next head coach and also for a general manager.

The new hierarchy will inherit a team that has disappointed fans with a 5-10 record despite being considered the most talent-laden team in the weak NFC West.

Singletary couldn't win arguably the worst division in the NFL, even when all he needed was season-ending wins against the Rams and Cardinals.

Singletary was all but doomed from the team's 0-5 start, firing his offensive coordinator after three games, benching each of his starting quarterbacks twice, seemingly dealing with a crisis a week on his way to an 18-22 overall mark.

And yet, the 49ers were still in position to become the first team in NFL history to make the postseason after losing its first five games, and also to become the first team to make the playoffs with a losing record in a nonstrike season."

Niners fans rejoice! But I still have alot of respect for Singeltary... it was one of those "great player, bad HC" situations.
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 644
Feedback Score: 107

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im honestly shocked
best coach they have had for awhile just kept pissing management off

cowboys site- http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/aikmans/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
bbgambino71
Contributing Member

Topics: 268
Feedback Score: 30

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I liked Singletary. I really don't know what went wrong for us this year. We're still struggling at the O-Line position. This has been a brutal season for me. 49ers sucking after showing so much promise last year, and then Owens getting hurt. Hopefully theres football next season.

Topics: 1281
Feedback Score: 23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singletary entertained me. He wasn't conventional with his coaching but he was the reason Vernon Davis got his head out of his donkey and became an All-Pro Tight End. If anything the team overperformed last year leading to high expectations this year
bbgambino71
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan Dixon Collector wrote:
Singletary entertained me. He wasn't conventional with his coaching but he was the reason Vernon Davis got his head out of his donkey and became an All-Pro Tight End. If anything the team overperformed last year leading to high expectations this year

Also Mike Martz hasn't been know to use his tight ends. I like how Singletary actually put Davis in a position to succeed, unlike previous coaches who just used him as a blocker. Davis has never been a head case, but once Singletary benched him for a play the media was all over it and made it look like Davis was a problem child.
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yea, I say we keep Singletary as a defensive coach.

Topics: 1281
Feedback Score: 23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davis had a bad attitude and was a me player...now he's more of a team player and leader.

I'd like to see Singletary take over the Redskins D,I think, if only to get int he face of the defensive babies on the team. He was good in Baltimore as a LB coach(?)
bbgambino71
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan Dixon Collector wrote:
Davis had a bad attitude and was a me player...now he's more of a team player and leader.

I'd like to see Singletary take over the Redskins D,I think, if only to get int he face of the defensive babies on the team. He was good in Baltimore as a LB coach(?)

Again, Davis has never been a me player.. bad attitude at times?? Maybe. Davis has always been one of the hardest workers and true definition of team player since he got here. Sacrificing his numbers to please the coaches. His first few years in the league he could have gotten very upset with his role, but pushed through it and was and is one of the better blocking t.e.'s in the league.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Football -> League Talk All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: