HobbyKings.com - Only the Elite
FAQ Search Staff Members Groups Register Login to check PMs
Rules Login/Out Store
Twitter Facebook YouTube Blog
Someone Know the Ebay user vision1818

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Basketball -> Hobby Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KaiserKing99
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 314
Feedback Score: 130

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Someone Know the Ebay user vision1818 Reply with quote

He made a best offer on a card and i accept it. Than he wants to buy another card. Send me tons of emails about the price.

Than 2 hours later, he said he had now paypal problems and can't pay for both cards.

But he sells cards on ebay at the moment for nearly 5000$.
Tradelist
Wantedlist
Rahim Coll.

Last edited by KaiserKing99 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
hairyangryfella
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 208
Feedback Score: 44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean he shills cards on ebay at the moment...

This has to be the most commonly posted username of the last few weeks - there have been several threads (and on other forums) about this guy recently.

Nothin' much to say right now...
iplumb
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 142
Feedback Score: 40

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone please expound on this......same guy bought my Wesley Johnson Logoman..paid right away....and purchased a Jrue Holiday out of my bucket and also paid no problem...he lives in California and goes by the name Dan Gold......only asking because he wants a bunch more cards from me...including a bunch of my National Treasure RPA's....
gregnice37
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 530
Feedback Score: 96

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been offering on all the RPA's I have listed on ebay too. Always says he will pay off ebay, give him a price. Then he never pays. He just had and offer like that on a card and then retracted his offer last night.

***RBRajaBell19***
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 647
Feedback Score: 131

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He offered me $500, retracted to offer 400, then retracted to offer 250. When I declined he told me its only a $300 card. I told him I sold it for over twice that and he never responded.
MUST SEND FIRST, IF SELLING

Topics: 36
Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is a nut. He roles with redskinswizards from what I hear.

Just block vision1818 from any dealings on ebay. He's a shiller and complains about every purchase he makes and will ask for a refund. Very shady character. Look at his feedback he leaves for sellers. Half of them are him thanking the seller for cancelling the deal. Sounds like the dude changes his mind on every purchase. Lunatic!
SUSPENDED

Topics: 374
Feedback Score: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know. He wants my Jrue Holiday NT RPA #/5 for $1,350.00, I told him $1,400.00 and he never responded back to me. Danny Gold seems like a nice guy to me though, sad to hear that some of you are having problems with this seller/person!

Topics: 493
Feedback Score: 51

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely awful here as well- wins a flawed NT rpa that is clearly and accurately described, then asks for a refund, which I grant, and I did actually get the card back, which was good of him.

Then makes the following offers on my taj 22/25 rpa, 250 then retracted, 350 then retracted, then 400 which he let's stand, I accept, he tells me he can't afford it and I have to wait two weeks.
nyknicks1
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS

Topics: 50
Feedback Score: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's a good buyer Smile
redskinswizards
BANNED

Topics: 59
Feedback Score: 8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vision1818 is one greatest buyers in recent history. He easily put 7 figures back into the hobby. I know him personally. He pays fair & is a great person.

If their were 100 Vision1818's the hobby world would be at where we all wish it would be. If he was moving garbage no one would care. B/c He has exquisite taste. He is penalized. He has informed me that the only time he backs out of deals is when someone demands gift especially international sellers who we are a weary of.

I can tell you this everyone who knows vision1818 loves dealing w/ him & if you are playing the high end game. You have to deal with him. Because he is as relevant as anybody.

WTH does this mean????? Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:50 pm Post subject: Someone Know the Ebay user vision1818
I made a best offer on a card and i accept it.

Wow that makes a lot of sense. When your the one who demanded paypal gift in Germany. When he doesn't do that. So it only makes sense to back out. So would I.

Be honest who's more valuable to the hobby vision1818 or a $1 dollar box searcher who blogs about cards he can't afford. Bottom line is that he can be vouched for by great buyers and sellers, means alot to the hobby, and is a very good person. as far as receiving cards and requesting and returning for a refund at will maybe this will teach sellers to be more honest with their listings...if a card has a flaw please be honest with buyers and list it!!!!!its honest!!!!cant bash a buyer for that!!!!cmon now!!!its happens all the time!!!
hychang5
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 317
Feedback Score: 39

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ LOL, man you make this most memorable statements.

You heard it hear first! A single buyer is responsible for keeping this hobby alive!

C'mon dude, if you can vouch for him, vouch for him. It's hard to take you seriously when you come out with these statements. This hobby doesn't survive from people who spend tens of thousands of dollars. This hobby survives from the dollar bin all the way up to the big spenders.
Jordan, Kobe, Lebron and Dwight PC. Not FS/FT. pw= hobbykings
phoenixcards
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS

Topics: 10
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a weird guy... Replys back multiple times and at 1-2-3am also feedback on ebay shows. Wanted to purchase a couple high end rookies from me never worked out because he didnt have money and kept lowering price etc etc. Look at feedback also shills EVERYTHING how can he be a good guy? Email name is danny gold so i dont know.
thenwhatjk

Topics: 493
Feedback Score: 51

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskinswizards wrote:

Be honest who's more valuable to the hobby vision1818 or a $1 dollar box searcher who blogs about cards he can't afford. Bottom line is that he can be vouched for by great buyers and sellers, means alot to the hobby, and is a very good person. as far as receiving cards and requesting and returning for a refund at will maybe this will teach sellers to be more honest with their listings...if a card has a flaw please be honest with buyers and list it!!!!!its honest!!!!cant bash a buyer for that!!!!cmon now!!!its happens all the time!!!

if you're talking about what I said, you misunderstood. The card was clearly noted as damaged, including a GIGANTIC scan in the body of the auction. Now, I am very lazy dude sometimes, and I often bid on auctions without reading the description on my phone or whatever, and after I win it, I realize then that the card is clearly noted as damaged. I have done this a good 8-10 times over the years, and each and every time, I've recognized that its my error, and I've eaten it. It blows, but its my mistake, not the seller's. vision1818 disagrees with that thinking, thats all i'm saying
redskinswizards
BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hychang5 wrote:

You heard it hear first! A single buyer is responsible for keeping this hobby alive!

C'mon dude, if you can vouch for him, vouch for him. It's hard to take you seriously when you come out with these statements. This hobby doesn't survive from people who spend tens of thousands of dollars. This hobby survives from the dollar bin all the way up to the big spenders.

Did I say he is keeping it alive????
Don't get it twisted it's not thousands. I said 7 figures. Ok let's look at it like this 100 vision1818's that's about $200,000,000 into the hobby in a year. 100 bums $30K let's just assume. I don't knock any hustle in this business. Their are many who search through whatever & their cool ppl make good money b/c of a remarkable. Then they're some who harass the seller's w/ cards they have no business even acquiring about.
Yes i vouch for him, & yes it's hard to assume one man can have an impact. Take 5 vision1818 instead of clearing nearly $300K I would have probably cleared less than $200K. He has helped me & many others I know put food on the table.
Thewhatjk ....Nothing is directed to you. Your a hell of a guy. He will pay for the Taj. Don't listen to these low life guys only highlight is throwing salt in the game of people who really know how to play it.
h00perstar34
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 167
Feedback Score: 41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Natsturner > 1000 vision1818
Juan Dixon Collector

Topics: 1263
Feedback Score: 23

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskinswizards wrote:
hychang5 wrote:

Don't get it twisted it's not thousands. I said 7 figures. Ok let's look at it like this 100 vision1818's that's about $200,000,000 into the hobby in a year. 100 bums $30K let's just assume. I don't knock any hustle in this business. Their are many who search through whatever & their cool ppl make good money b/c of a remarkable. Then they're some who harass the seller's w/ cards they have no business even acquiring about.
Yes i vouch for him, & yes it's hard to assume one man can have an impact. Take 5 vision1818 instead of clearing nearly $300K I would have probably cleared less than $200K. He has helped me & many others I know put food on the table.
Thewhatjk ....Nothing is directed to you. Your a hell of a guy. He will pay for the Taj. Don't listen to these low life guys only highlight is throwing salt in the game of people who really know how to play it.

I can see the shilling lynch mob coming out after that
hychang5
VERIFIED TRADER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskinswizards wrote:
hychang5 wrote:

C'mon, you can't say someone is a "bum" because they don't spend a ton of money! Whatever, if you've dealt with him and can vouch, then I'll take it as that. But let's leave the insults out of it.
hairyangryfella
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 208
Feedback Score: 44

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskinswizards wrote:
Vision1818 is one greatest buyers in recent history. He easily put 7 figures back into the hobby. I know him personally. He pays fair & is a great person.

If their were 100 Vision1818's the hobby world would be at where we all wish it would be. If he was moving garbage no one would care. B/c He has exquisite taste. He is penalized. He has informed me that the only time he backs out of deals is when someone demands gift especially international sellers who we are a weary of.

I can tell you this everyone who knows vision1818 loves dealing w/ him & if you are playing the high end game. You have to deal with him. Because he is as relevant as anybody.

WTH does this mean????? Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:50 pm Post subject: Someone Know the Ebay user vision1818
I made a best offer on a card and i accept it.

Wow that makes a lot of sense. When your the one who demanded paypal gift in Germany. When he doesn't do that. So it only makes sense to back out. So would I.

Where the h... did all that come from..??

You're known as a bit of a loose cannon / random kinda guy and that post just supports that...

All you needed to do was say that you have dealt with him and had no problems, like others have done. Other people have stated that he seems to screw them around, and almost everyone suspects him of shilling.

Unless you and he are the same person/id your post looks extremely odd/suspicious (like you have more to do with it/him than normal) and only fuels the fire that you are not a trustworthy person to deal with yourself.

I don't want to burn bridges because you have some damn nice cards I wouldn't mind owning, but enough of the random, bro...

Nothin' much to say right now...
redskinswizards
BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h00perstar34 wrote:
1 Natsturner > 1000 vision1818

You idiot ...I agree Nat is one of a kind & so is vision1818. Your saying there's a 1000 people that spent in the millions last year. I know 4 people that spent in the millions last year & I know everybody who matters & since I don't know you ...You obviously don't matter
hychang5
VERIFIED TRADER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg, can we stop with the high and mighty attitude already?
agdead
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 142
Feedback Score: 70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sold him a card on eBay, the Eric Gordon Exquisite. You can PM me on my experience if you'd like. It was "interesting."

My Collection/Trade list:
http://www.freewebs.com/agdead/

My E-mail: agdead2000@yahoo.com

People I DO NOT do business with:

xanderthegreat35
and tyrodsports from SCF

I AM CURRENTLY COLLECTING NBA 50 GREATEST PLAYER AUTO'S (49/50), HEISMAN TROPHY WINNER AUTOS (69 of 75)
and 500 HR CLUB AUTOS (9/25)

TILL
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 196
Feedback Score: 75

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know him personally but I do know that he absolutely shills his auctions.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?campid=5337015507&customid=&toolid=10001&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fvision1818%2Fm.html%3Fhash%3Ditem3a6f7aba32%26item%3D250978417202%26pt%3DUS_Basketball%26_trksid%3Dp4340.l2562

Check this link and then click on the bidder "d***s" with 60 feedback and check the bid history of that user. 127 bids, 94% activity with his items. The majority of the items he lists have an exorbitant number of bids and miraculously whether it's a Tom Brady rookie, Kobe National Treasures jersey card, or Ty Lawson auto, the same bidder shows up numerous times. That certainly isn't good for the hobby.
redskinswizards
BANNED

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hychang5 wrote:
Omg, can we stop with the high and mighty attitude already?

Sure as long as people get their proper respect. I have no problem w/ any of you & I apologize if I came off high & mighty. I just don't see what the problem w/ a guy that pays fair & sells fair. My several transactions have been awesome!!!! I just couldn't stand one of my best customers & great guy like this gets insulted. He runs a multi million dollar business.
He doesn't have time to run weird games on ebay.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Basketball -> Hobby Talk All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: