HobbyKings.com - Only the Elite
FAQ Search Staff Members Groups Register Login to check PMs
Rules Login/Out Store
Twitter Facebook YouTube Blog
Roll call, how many are still here?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Basketball -> Hobby Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AbraCalabro
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS

Topics: 33
Feedback Score: 4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:41 am    Post subject: Roll call, how many are still here? Reply with quote

How often do you check in?

High Priest of the Yinkaholics Revival
kukocitb

Topics: 34
Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

errryyyy day. I know it is sad but it is the first step is admitting you still have love for the HK! HK 4 LYFE

Wantlist: http://www.hobbykings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139923&highlight=
xarzy
MUST SEND FIRST, IF SELLING

Topics: 272
Feedback Score: 7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always have a window open.

Patrick Ewing - Collector - Retired From The Hobby
AbraCalabro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like Panini has a really weak presence here and all the 90s guys and super collectors are...or WERE here. I remember lurking this place and seeing everybody go NUTS over 90s stuff with virtually zero Panini. Of course there were also pump / dumpers, but we'll just sweep that to the side. I'd start posting mail here if there were still enough people around.

Are there any classic threads I should try to find on here?

bdowden23
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 359
Feedback Score: 13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbraCalabro wrote:
It seems like Panini has a really weak presence here and all the 90s guys and super collectors are...or WERE here. I remember lurking this place and seeing everybody go NUTS over 90s stuff with virtually zero Panini. Of course there were also pump / dumpers, but we'll just sweep that to the side. I'd start posting mail here if there were still enough people around.

Too many to count during the hey day. The amount of rare finds posted on this site was incredible. Start from the beginning and work your way forward.
RETIRED FROM THE HOBBY....FOR NOW.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kukocitb

Topics: 34
Feedback Score: 3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdowden23 wrote:
AbraCalabro wrote:

Too many to count during the hey day. The amount of rare finds posted on this site was incredible. Start from the beginning and work your way forward.

I agree. I learned about so many sets and variations from this site. SO MUCH INFO!

Wantlist: http://www.hobbykings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139923&highlight=
byronscott4ever
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 795
Feedback Score: 21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here

Always looking for Byron Scott jersey numbered cards (4/xxxx), 1/1 cards and plates (and you can always ask about any cards)
Byron Scott speaking about me on "The Byron Scott Show"
4/7/11 ..."This is a good friend of mine."
1/5/12 ..."Paul's a friend"
Email me at:
byronscott4ever@yahoo.com
vaterstix
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 179
Feedback Score: 47

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking every day and monthly poster. Pretty quiet though. I've tried other forums but have never been able to break through into the community. HK is my home forum!

99-00 Topps Gold Label All Classes (Gold, Black, Red) 272/900: 81%

Colossians 1:9-14
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/vaterstix/Anfernee%20Hardaway%20PC/

IversonExquisite
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 289
Feedback Score: 63

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still here, check in weekly - more when I get PM's.

The site will come back. The hobby has switched to too many gamblers who pay others to open boxes for them - hoping the little amount they put in yields a large pull. They will hit big ever now and then as that's how the game works - but like in gambling - the house always wins and long term it's a losing proposition. Most of them will leave to whatever new form of legalized gambling they can find (maybe actual legalized online gambling again) and the hobby will once again consist of a majority of actual collectors. For awhile, until it shifts again... as it always does...

I finally caved and created a BO account last year and that has helped me get some more PC cards - but that site if full of a bunch of tools - just like BMB used to be - and what led to HK in the first place... HK will be back! Smile
Umi
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 203
Feedback Score: 49

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still check a few times a week. Sadness.
AbraCalabro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's great to see there are still people around, after seeing replies in this thread I decided to post a recent mailday. I will post up more as they come in and I can also get retroactive and post up past mail days which I have never posted here.

There seems to be a lack of Panini on here for the most part, even though some of their stuff IS nice and ZERO league talk on this forum, two things I really enjoy about it.

Jasondr91
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 372
Feedback Score: 23

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here.....but not often. Like IE stated, most have migrated over to BO. Sadly that site is overloaded with way too many PMBs, arrogant douches, Jordan shillers, hypers and such. It's hilarious some of the best guys in the hobby and here like Randy are referred to as being a troll, but it seems to originate from one of the biggest tools on that site and a blatant HK hater.

I'd love for this site to be more active, and see traffic. I'm an original member, but sadly it seems it's best days are behind it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jasondr91 wrote:
I'm here.....but not often. Like IE stated, most have migrated over to BO. Sadly that site is overloaded with way too many PMBs, arrogant douches, Jordan shillers, hypers and such. It's hilarious some of the best guys in the hobby and here like Randy are referred to as being a troll, but it seems to originate from one of the biggest tools on that site and a blatant HK hater.

I'd love for this site to be more active, and see traffic. I'm an original member, but sadly it seems it's best days are behind it.

This is the site where I learned about super collectors and the biggest 90s collectors / cards in general. I remember going through thread after thread of upper echelon 90s cards and seeing that real people actually owned these cards. Stuff of legend from the 90s, the stuff you'd only read about in articles in Beckett as a kid back then, I'm talking LONG before Exquisite, or any of that super high end stuff came out.

Every one on here got really hyped up over these parallels, autographs, or just plain old nice inserts, the enthusiasm is still there in other place, just not as heavily as I saw it here, sign of the times for the hobby I suppose.

You're right about BO being overloaded with all that stuff, every other thread is about a new Panini release, or Jordan values, LOTS of prospectors, pump/dumpers...it's actually getting obvious. Lately there is almost nothing that is of any interest for me on there, same old crap.

MGoBlue
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 131
Feedback Score: 29

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my 2nd post in almost 2 years to the date. I miss this site so much. It just died. I still check-in once a month or so, but rarely see any new activity. I caved and joined BO a few years ago and it has helped me land some pc cards, but that place is a cesspool of degenerates and troublemakers. Lot's of good people over there too, but nothing like this site used to be.

Man, this place was just epic. I learned so much, so fast on here and established some legit friendships because of this place. I'd love to see it reach it's former glory and be a place where we can all come for the love of the hobby and the game. That was the best thing about this site. It wasn't about money or profit. It was simply about collecting cards we loved of the players we loved to watch. Nothing else. Just a common bond between collectors and genuine enthusiasm for one another's collections.

Here's to hoping it'll come full circle and we'll all be back here posting up mail days and talking about the cards we love.
Umi
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 203
Feedback Score: 49

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by Umi on Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
mr.gem.mint

Topics: 70
Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still here looking for 03-04 exquisite stuff, expecially the Jordan's. Now also looking for 83-87 STAR basketball cards as well.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH ANYTHING 03-04 EXQUISITE!
GoldenBoy23
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 75
Feedback Score: 15

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

checking every month now... back then it was the first site I opened to check cards.. Mannn... I love HK. this is where all the hobby knowledge i have in my mind came in the first place, admit it or not I guess most collectors here are getting old, getting out of the hobby, or just purely hate panini and still want UD back... to this day i still feel sad.. that our local card site nbacards.ph was forced to shutdown because of about 90% of members are now doing their thing on FB.

Instagram, FB groups is the "IN" thing now..

its like the iphone 7 vs iphone 3. hard to recover some past users..
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 76
Feedback Score: 17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once every couple months I'd say.
bjho852

Topics: 44
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Abra, nice to see you here also.
AbraCalabro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bjho852 wrote:
Hi Abra, nice to see you here also.

Likewise, cool to see you posting on here. I think I showed up late to the party on this site, but I did post a sick mail day you should check out...it's only a few posts down on the front page. Cool

newcollector

Topics: 6
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still here Smile
Jasondr91
VERIFIED TRADER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MGoBlue wrote:
This is my 2nd post in almost 2 years to the date. I miss this site so much. It just died. I still check-in once a month or so, but rarely see any new activity. I caved and joined BO a few years ago and it has helped me land some pc cards, but that place is a cesspool of degenerates and troublemakers. Lot's of good people over there too, but nothing like this site used to be.

Man, this place was just epic. I learned so much, so fast on here and established some legit friendships because of this place. I'd love to see it reach it's former glory and be a place where we can all come for the love of the hobby and the game. That was the best thing about this site. It wasn't about money or profit. It was simply about collecting cards we loved of the players we loved to watch. Nothing else. Just a common bond between collectors and genuine enthusiasm for one another's collections.

Here's to hoping it'll come full circle and we'll all be back here posting up mail days and talking about the cards we love.

I know you and I don't cross paths Matt, but man you nailed it with this post. I used to LOVE this place. I'd visit I like I would yahoos homepage! I will say Im ancient enough to miss Dylan, Tim, kidsensasian and fullmetal amongst a few others. BO has got to be so bad, I've had to use the ignore feature for many arrogant douches in there. Some of those guys really need to pull the 3ft sticks out of their arses. It's like this thread......I forgot I even posted in it days ago. Confused Oh yeah......Randy sucks! Hahahaha

Last edited by Jasondr91 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Jasondr91
VERIFIED TRADER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 511
Feedback Score: 17

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jasondr91 wrote:
MGoBlue wrote:

I know you and I don't cross paths Matt, but man you nailed it with this post. I used to LOVE this place. I'd visit I like I would yahoos homepage! I will say Im ancient enough to miss Dylan, Tim, kidsensasian and fullmetal amongst a few others. BO has got to be so bad, I've had to use the ignore feature for many arrogant douches in there. Some of those guys really need to pull the 3ft sticks out of their arses. It's like this thread......I forgot I even posted in it days ago. Confused Oh yeah......Randy sucks! Hahahaha

Thanks for all the love......or hate, in this case. I got my start on HK and if you cut me, do I not bleed HK??? I do. The other site is where I go to get knowledge, see more Poopanini crap than you can shake a stick at, and where I go to get destroyed on posts. When I go to National next year, I still want to hang out with HK guys and not BO guys........
byronscott4ever
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 795
Feedback Score: 21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone like BO guys?

Always looking for Byron Scott jersey numbered cards (4/xxxx), 1/1 cards and plates (and you can always ask about any cards)
Byron Scott speaking about me on "The Byron Scott Show"
4/7/11 ..."This is a good friend of mine."
1/5/12 ..."Paul's a friend"
Email me at:
byronscott4ever@yahoo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Basketball -> Hobby Talk All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: