HobbyKings.com - Only the Elite
FAQ Search Staff Members Groups Register Login to check PMs
Rules Login/Out Store
Twitter Facebook YouTube Blog
hey yo ballinson rate these somewhat new photos

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Basketball -> Hobby Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AbraCalabro
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 361
Topics: 34
Feedback Score: 4
Location: 'Murica

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject: hey yo ballinson rate these somewhat new photos Reply with quote






_________________
The 9th Wonder of The World
MOSCOW, IDAHO BE LIKE WHOA!
INCOGNITO

High Priest of the Yinkaholics Revival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Depitydog
SUPER MODERATOR



Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Posts: 7241
Topics: 145
Feedback Score: 28

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorgeous as allways. wish i had the talent but i get frustrated and slap it on the scanner instead.
_________________

There's a thin line between your wit and your whining...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BallinSon
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 181
Topics: 17
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good. Don't know how you're doing it but, very good, sir. They're awesome.





You are the JORDAN!!! of card pictures.
So, naturally, I suppose I'd be the Wilt....














JORDAN!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AbraCalabro
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 361
Topics: 34
Feedback Score: 4
Location: 'Murica

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depitydog wrote:
gorgeous as allways. wish i had the talent but i get frustrated and slap it on the scanner instead.


Thanks dude, practice makes perfect! Very Happy Took me a while to figure out the right settings to get the silver foil to come out nice and clear.

BallinSon wrote:
Very good. Don't know how you're doing it but, very good, sir. They're awesome.

You are the JORDAN!!! of card pictures.
So, naturally, I suppose I'd be the Wilt....

JORDAN!!!


lmao, well, if you're the Wilt of card pictures, that would make you the GOAT! Cool
_________________
The 9th Wonder of The World
MOSCOW, IDAHO BE LIKE WHOA!
INCOGNITO

High Priest of the Yinkaholics Revival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BallinSon
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 181
Topics: 17
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd blow your t*ts off with a couple sick pics but I recently liquidated my portfolio, or shoe box rather. I wasn't happy with the trajectory of my asset allocation as my ROIC was trending downward. Hell, I had an undefined P/E for the month I held my investment!

So, I filed a claim with all my sellers on eBay that the cards were faulty and got all my cash back. I even did the old switcharoo to a few of them poor as*holes, LOLZ. What are they gonna do about it?

A week or so ago I found the prospectus, HowToCollectCards.com, which has become my sole financial advisor. Now that I have ALL the inside info, I'm confident I'll boast some surreal returns. I'm thinking my next venture will be Gem LeBron Lakers uni cards. Apparently LA fans are about to appreciate what a winner he is.






Do you know of any prospectuses on how to look at cards? I mean I look at them, but I just can't wrap my head around them, ya know???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Depitydog
SUPER MODERATOR



Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Posts: 7241
Topics: 145
Feedback Score: 28

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BallinSon wrote:
I'd blow your t*ts off with a couple sick pics but I recently liquidated my portfolio, or shoe box rather. I wasn't happy with the trajectory of my asset allocation as my ROIC was trending downward. Hell, I had an undefined P/E for the month I held my investment!

So, I filed a claim with all my sellers on eBay that the cards were faulty and got all my cash back. I even did the old switcharoo to a few of them poor as*holes, LOLZ. What are they gonna do about it?

A week or so ago I found the prospectus, HowToCollectCards.com, which has become my sole financial advisor. Now that I have ALL the inside info, I'm confident I'll boast some surreal returns. I'm thinking my next venture will be Gem LeBron Lakers uni cards. Apparently LA fans are about to appreciate what a winner he is.






Do you know of any prospectuses on how to look at cards? I mean I look at them, but I just can't wrap my head around them, ya know???


banhammer for making my brain hurt?
_________________

There's a thin line between your wit and your whining...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AbraCalabro
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 361
Topics: 34
Feedback Score: 4
Location: 'Murica

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BallinSon wrote:
I'd blow your t*ts off with a couple sick pics but I recently liquidated my portfolio, or shoe box rather. I wasn't happy with the trajectory of my asset allocation as my ROIC was trending downward. Hell, I had an undefined P/E for the month I held my investment!

So, I filed a claim with all my sellers on eBay that the cards were faulty and got all my cash back. I even did the old switcharoo to a few of them poor as*holes, LOLZ. What are they gonna do about it?

A week or so ago I found the prospectus, HowToCollectCards.com, which has become my sole financial advisor. Now that I have ALL the inside info, I'm confident I'll boast some surreal returns. I'm thinking my next venture will be Gem LeBron Lakers uni cards. Apparently LA fans are about to appreciate what a winner he is.


Do you know of any prospectuses on how to look at cards? I mean I look at them, but I just can't wrap my head around them, ya know???


lmao, that was one of the best threads ever and this is one of the best responses ever. I can tell you how to truly look at your cards, but it's going to cost you a one time fee of 29.99. Also, check out my podcast called Apartment of Jordans where I hype Jordan cards up and cost you more money than you would normally pay on Jordan cards with my patented algorithm, all while pretending to be a hobbyist! I mean, shieeeeet, I gotta' pimp those cards out to make max profit for myself...uh, I mean, maximize my ROI!!!

Depitydog wrote:
banhammer for making my brain hurt?


lmao

If you are experiencing symptoms of cephalalgia, I recommend usage of a supplement which includes Acetaminophen and caffeine in its ingredients. I advise you apply its usage with a full glass of hydrogen oxide. I'd type some more, but I can't seem to find my thesaurus...if only I were not so perfunctory in taking heed of where I put things.
_________________
The 9th Wonder of The World
MOSCOW, IDAHO BE LIKE WHOA!
INCOGNITO

High Priest of the Yinkaholics Revival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ImHereAndImFleer
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 21
Topics: 1
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

banhammer for making my brain hurt?



HAHAHA....ROFLAO....LOLOLOLOLOLHAHAHAHAAHHHAAAA....Dude's got 2 people left posting on this **** site, and he wants to ban one of them!!!!!! HHHHAAAAAAAHAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA Arrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Razz Razz Razz Razz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing You moderators are funny!!!!!
Only comedy left in America!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHHHAAAAA LOLOlooollllooooohahahahahah!!!! Make hobbykings great again!!!! HAHAHAHAHHhhhaaaaahahahahaHAHAHAhahaAHAHaHLOLOLOololooolool.....I just **** and pissed myself!!!!HAHAHHAHAHHHHAHHAHAAHAHAH... p-p-p-lease don't ban me from your **** site, sir....HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHrollypollyonthefloory...... There's a fine line between 2 posters and 0!!!!!! HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHdrainsrestofbladderlolololololololo!!!!!! LOLLLLOLOLHHHHAAAAaaaahahahah!!! What's the square root of this forum HHHAAAAHHHHaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaahahahahahhahahahhhhhaHAHAAAHAHHHAA!!!
_________________
"I never knew what basketball was. I started playing on the playground. People used to laugh at me and joke at me because I was so tall and I didn't know the game and couldn't play it."

~Patrick Ewing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AbraCalabro
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 361
Topics: 34
Feedback Score: 4
Location: 'Murica

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImHereAndImFleer wrote:
banhammer for making my brain hurt?



HAHAHA....ROFLAO....LOLOLOLOLOLHAHAHAHAAHHHAAAA....Dude's got 2 people left posting on this **** site, and he wants to ban one of them!!!!!! HHHHAAAAAAAHAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA Arrow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Razz Razz Razz Razz Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing You moderators are funny!!!!!
Only comedy left in America!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHHHAAAAA LOLOlooollllooooohahahahahah!!!! Make hobbykings great again!!!! HAHAHAHAHHhhhaaaaahahahahaHAHAHAhahaAHAHaHLOLOLOololooolool.....I just **** and pissed myself!!!!HAHAHHAHAHHHHAHHAHAAHAHAH... p-p-p-lease don't ban me from your **** site, sir....HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHrollypollyonthefloory...... There's a fine line between 2 posters and 0!!!!!! HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHdrainsrestofbladderlolololololololo!!!!!! LOLLLLOLOLHHHHAAAAaaaahahahah!!! What's the square root of this forum HHHAAAAHHHHaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaahahahahahhahahahhhhhaHAHAAAHAHHHAA!!!


Dear Sir:

I have been requested by the National Internet Basketball Card Collector Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The National Internet Basketball Card Collector Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for high end card acquisition in the online secondary market. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling US$40,000,000. The National Internet Basketball Card Collector Company is desirous of high end cards in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the card availability market, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-Kemp collector to assist the National Internet Basketball Card Collector Company, and also the Central Collection of AbraCalabro, in moving these cards out of other collections. If the card can be transferred from your collection or other collections, and if you can forward the card (13/14 Prizm Gold Shawn Kemp /10) as directed by the National Internet Basketball Card Collector Company. then in exchange for your accommodating services, the National Internet Basketball Card Collector Company would agree to allow you to retain all other cards.

If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us through private message and that during your visit I introduce you to the lead representative of the National Internet Basketball Card Collector Company, as well as with lead official of Central Collection of AbraCalabro.

Yours truly,

Prince Abraculibromutumbo Mwanajuma
_________________
The 9th Wonder of The World
MOSCOW, IDAHO BE LIKE WHOA!
INCOGNITO

High Priest of the Yinkaholics Revival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ImHereAndImFleer
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 21
Topics: 1
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Dear Sir:

I have been requested by the National Internet Basketball Card Collector Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The National Internet Basketball Card Collector Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for high end card acquisition in the online secondary market. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling US$40,000,000. The National Internet Basketball Card Collector Company is desirous of high end cards in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the card availability market, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-Kemp collector to assist the National Internet Basketball Card Collector Company, and also the Central Collection of AbraCalabro, in moving these cards out of other collections. If the card can be transferred from your collection or other collections, and if you can forward the card (13/14 Prizm Gold Shawn Kemp /10) as directed by the National Internet Basketball Card Collector Company. then in exchange for your accommodating services, the National Internet Basketball Card Collector Company would agree to allow you to retain all other cards.

If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us through private message and that during your visit I introduce you to the lead representative of the National Internet Basketball Card Collector Company, as well as with lead official of Central Collection of AbraCalabro.

Yours truly,

Prince Abraculibromutumbo Mwanajuma"



HAHAHHHHAHAAAHHAAHAHAH!!! I love you Abra, but you really are confused, man. I really am the brother of Ballinson. I really am the one who had the Fleer Retro Collection. I got banned from Blowout early on, so my brother, (Ballinson) posted the pictures for me. If you go back through the old blowout posts, AND READ THEM this will be perfectly clear. Good luck getting that Kemp from him.
_________________
"I never knew what basketball was. I started playing on the playground. People used to laugh at me and joke at me because I was so tall and I didn't know the game and couldn't play it."

~Patrick Ewing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AbraCalabro
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 361
Topics: 34
Feedback Score: 4
Location: 'Murica

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImHereAndImFleer wrote:

HAHAHHHHAHAAAHHAAHAHAH!!! I love you Abra, but you really are confused, man. I really am the brother of Ballinson. I really am the one who had the Fleer Retro Collection. I got banned from Blowout early on, so my brother, (Ballinson) posted the pictures for me. If you go back through the old blowout posts, AND READ THEM this will be perfectly clear. Good luck getting that Kemp from him.


lmao I know you're his brother, that's why I -- I mean, that's why Abraculibromutumbo Mwanajuma needs your assistance in acquiring that card. ...and what do you mean HAD the Retro collection, did you sell it? That was a beastly collection.
_________________
The 9th Wonder of The World
MOSCOW, IDAHO BE LIKE WHOA!
INCOGNITO

High Priest of the Yinkaholics Revival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ImHereAndImFleer
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 21
Topics: 1
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, glad to see some of the confusion is cleared up. If you don't mind letting Wagner know, it'd be helpful. Sorry, I can't help acquiring the card for your Cambodian friend. Ballinson and I worked together and, well, you must have heard a thing or two about working with family. We're still trying to figure out who was the bigger a*shole. Yes, sorry to say, the Retro collection is gone. Not sure if you've heard, but environmentalists are insane and have a pretty firm grip on my testicles and the lobster fishing industry as of right now. Just trying to ride out the storm...
_________________
"I never knew what basketball was. I started playing on the playground. People used to laugh at me and joke at me because I was so tall and I didn't know the game and couldn't play it."

~Patrick Ewing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AbraCalabro
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 361
Topics: 34
Feedback Score: 4
Location: 'Murica

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImHereAndImFleer wrote:
Well, glad to see some of the confusion is cleared up. If you don't mind letting Wagner know, it'd be helpful. Sorry, I can't help acquiring the card for your Cambodian friend. Ballinson and I worked together and, well, you must have heard a thing or two about working with family. We're still trying to figure out who was the bigger a*shole. Yes, sorry to say, the Retro collection is gone. Not sure if you've heard, but environmentalists are insane and have a pretty firm grip on my testicles and the lobster fishing industry as of right now. Just trying to ride out the storm...


Goddamn hippies always ruin everything.
_________________
The 9th Wonder of The World
MOSCOW, IDAHO BE LIKE WHOA!
INCOGNITO

High Priest of the Yinkaholics Revival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BallinSon
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 181
Topics: 17
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so much hippies, Calabro, as extremely wealthy personal interest groups who, backed by shoddy field data, biased beliefs, and unprovable claims and theories, threaten lawsuits to federal agencies if they don't force states and industries to bend to their will. While fabricating 'evidence' to support their pretension, they devastate economic regions and local cultures for tens of thousands of independent people seemingly for no other logical reason than to build an avenue for state or big business to take control of their livelihood. Talk about an opportunity for some real big dog to swoop in and capitalize on a market, huh?



States have tried counter suing these groups in the past but have been overruled in 100% of the cases. Any media attention does help the little man's cause though. From where I stand, it's as if these groups are driven only by desire for their ideologies without ever actually concerning themselves with empathy for their fellow man.



Albeit off topic, I could argue the trading card hobby is facing similar threats from personal interest groups.





Link
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ImHereAndImFleer
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 21
Topics: 1
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't have said it better, myself. But I'll try... F**k em strait up their F*c*i*g a**es! Pansy-a** fu**ing co**suckers! They can all kiss my hairy, pimply a*s!!
_________________
"I never knew what basketball was. I started playing on the playground. People used to laugh at me and joke at me because I was so tall and I didn't know the game and couldn't play it."

~Patrick Ewing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AbraCalabro
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 361
Topics: 34
Feedback Score: 4
Location: 'Murica

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BallinSon wrote:
Not so much hippies, Calabro, as extremely wealthy personal interest groups who, backed by shoddy field data, biased beliefs, and unprovable claims and theories, threaten lawsuits to federal agencies if they don't force states and industries to bend to their will. While fabricating 'evidence' to support their pretension, they devastate economic regions and local cultures for tens of thousands of independent people seemingly for no other logical reason than to build an avenue for state or big business to take control of their livelihood. Talk about an opportunity for some real big dog to swoop in and capitalize on a market, huh?

States have tried counter suing these groups in the past but have been overruled in 100% of the cases. Any media attention does help the little man's cause though. From where I stand, it's as if these groups are driven only by desire for their ideologies without ever actually concerning themselves with empathy for their fellow man.

Albeit off topic, I could argue the trading card hobby is facing similar threats from personal interest groups.


Well sh!t, that was very eloquent and clearly stated and on top of that it doesn't seem like you had to consult a thesaurus to type that out. One thing though, I would still like to stomp some hippies, because they definitely have some involvement, at the very least, in perpetuating this and other types of insanity.

I also agree that the trading card hobby is facing a similar dilemma, buy high, sell higher, pillage the hobby for financial self gain and then preach about hobby virtues.


On another note, peep this photo, notice anything missing?


_________________
The 9th Wonder of The World
MOSCOW, IDAHO BE LIKE WHOA!
INCOGNITO

High Priest of the Yinkaholics Revival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BallinSon
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 181
Topics: 17
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell if you're getting really good at editing serial numbers or it just doesn't have the 1500 it's supposed to but what it's really missing is a nice chrome finish like Prizm....



I'm nine cards out on the 13-14 Prizm refractor set. Three cards out on the base set. Really want to finish both and brag to you feller(s).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AbraCalabro
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 361
Topics: 34
Feedback Score: 4
Location: 'Murica

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BallinSon wrote:
I can't tell if you're getting really good at editing serial numbers or it just doesn't have the 1500 it's supposed to but what it's really missing is a nice chrome finish like Prizm....



I'm nine cards out on the 13-14 Prizm refractor set. Three cards out on the base set. Really want to finish both and brag to you feller(s).


lmao, yeah, I removed the serial number entirely.

Smart move not actually listing which cards you're missing, because, you know, as soon as that becomes public knowledge, the price just doubled, pal. (Doubled, if you're lucky.)

I have the base set, which you sent me, are you talking about the BASE BASE set, or are you saying that you've got ALL the refractors minus nine and that you're only missing three base/silver refractors?
_________________
The 9th Wonder of The World
MOSCOW, IDAHO BE LIKE WHOA!
INCOGNITO

High Priest of the Yinkaholics Revival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BallinSon
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 181
Topics: 17
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't list them because I didn't want to bore you.


For the base set including all inserts and autographs I'm at 618/621. I'm missing #70 Steve Nash, #83 LaMarcus Aldridge, and #185 John Salley base autographs. I've never seen a copy of those three cards.


For the refractor set including all inserts and autographs I'm at 588/597. I'm missing #14 Cody Zeller, #57 Larry Johnson (some guy wants $180 for his Pop 1 and auto-declines anything under $100), #92 Rory Sparrow, #101 Byron Scott, #118 Larry Nance, #125 Kendall Gill, #127 Dikembe Mutombo, #147 Bradley Beal, and #185 John Salley (docsteph wants $10,000 for his copy) refractor autographs. There are 25 copies of each, so, nowadays, you'd think they'd show up more frequently.


The most recent pictures I can find are between three and four years old. I'll present both sets better if I ever finish them:


Hidden: 





















I'll also post an update on the gold set someday. Ain't been picking many of them up lately...


Hidden: 




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AbraCalabro
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 23 Jun 2014
Posts: 361
Topics: 34
Feedback Score: 4
Location: 'Murica

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BallinSon wrote:
I didn't list them because I didn't want to bore you.


For the base set including all inserts and autographs I'm at 618/621. I'm missing #70 Steve Nash, #83 LaMarcus Aldridge, and #185 John Salley base autographs. I've never seen a copy of those three cards.


For the refractor set including all inserts and autographs I'm at 588/597. I'm missing #14 Cody Zeller, #57 Larry Johnson (some guy wants $180 for his Pop 1 and auto-declines anything under $100), #92 Rory Sparrow, #101 Byron Scott, #118 Larry Nance, #125 Kendall Gill, #127 Dikembe Mutombo, #147 Bradley Beal, and #185 John Salley (docsteph wants $10,000 for his copy) refractor autographs. There are 25 copies of each, so, nowadays, you'd think they'd show up more frequently.


The most recent pictures I can find are between three and four years old. I'll present both sets better if I ever finish them:


Hidden: 





















I'll also post an update on the gold set someday. Ain't been picking many of them up lately...


Hidden: 






Holy **** dude, that is quite a sight to see. Very impressive, love set builds man, it's a lost art, really.


Some more rainbow color action for you:


_________________
The 9th Wonder of The World
MOSCOW, IDAHO BE LIKE WHOA!
INCOGNITO

High Priest of the Yinkaholics Revival
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BallinSon
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 13 Jan 2016
Posts: 181
Topics: 17
Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, sir. I see set completion threads on the front page at BO every once in a while. Maybe the chase is making a comeback. chelseafc had an unbelievable post the other day. It's hard to believe that set can be completed in under five years.

For me, the autographs were two per box so I busted the entire base and insert set minus 75 autographs or so (along with 33 1-297 sets). Refractors were five per box including roughly 2-4 golds, 12-18 purples, and 2-4 refractor autographs per case. I busted an absurd amount of doubles and I didn't know if I could or would even want to complete the refractor set, but I started picking them up anyway. I'm happy with the results. They look some sharp all laid out.






I hated Kobe during the Shaq feud. I couldn't see things anymore differently now. Beautiful card and picture, as always, Calabro. And I'd love to agree with you but I'd hate for us both to be wrong. 98-99 Row 1 is way better looking than the Row 0's..........






I want to try to copy your Kemp top 40 with a Bazzy top 15 thread, but I want to at least get a chance to offer on his 13-14 NT Logo Autograph and 15-16 Flawless Flip Saunders patch before I do. I did finally get this card though:







I have no reason for showing this off other than how happy I was for him this past season:








Keep this crazy train rolling....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Basketball -> Hobby Talk All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
HobbyKings.com

Promote Your Page Too

phpBB Template by Vereor