HobbyKings.com - Only the Elite
FAQ Search Staff Members Groups Register Login to check PMs
Rules Login/Out Store
Twitter Facebook YouTube Blog
Rant about the AL Central...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Baseball -> League Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mac
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS


Age: 111
Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Posts: 1986
Topics: 206
Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Rant about the AL Central... Reply with quote

It sucks when your favorite team is in the hardest divison in baseball, won 19 of 26 games in june, has a good enough record to be leading 2 of the 6 divisions, has a MVP canidate, the best pitcher in major leagues, a top 5 pitcher in the major leagues, a top 3 closer in the major leagues...




Yet is still in 3rd place in their own division 12 games back...


Booo...
_________________
Not gone for good... but gone for a good while
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Andrew Celtic Nation
VERIFIED TRADER


Age: 31
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 5679
Topics: 442
Feedback Score: 41

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al Central used to be one of the easiest to win in baseball until the White Sox got good and now the Tigers. The Twins killed themselves with that slow start.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whitestrokes433
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS


Age: 35
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 288
Topics: 28
Feedback Score: 0
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Celtic Nation wrote:
Al Central used to be one of the easiest to win in baseball until the White Sox got good and now the Tigers. The Twins killed themselves with that slow start.



And sucking too.

They had one of the best out fields in abseball not long ago, and they let that go.

Whoops...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
fullmetal
BANNED


Age: 39
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 10306
Topics: 907
Feedback Score: 181
Location: Tallahassee, FL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go White Sox!

posting without reading.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mac
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS


Age: 111
Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Posts: 1986
Topics: 206
Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey fullmetal...




FU
_________________
Not gone for good... but gone for a good while
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whitestrokes433
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS


Age: 35
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 288
Topics: 28
Feedback Score: 0
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twins:

7 game winning streak

8-2 in their last 10

9.5 games back for the division lead

4 games out of the wild card still.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
The-K-man
MUST SEND FIRST, IF SELLING


Age: 28
Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1280
Topics: 122
Feedback Score: 9
Location: Vancouver :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop being a baby Blue Jays are in the East. Do you know how hard that is? Central sucked before compared to now. I do not think they have a MVP canidate. When you say top 3 closer you mean the third Very Happy because Ryan and Papelbon is better. Also they are going to play DET and Chitown soon an actual team that can play. Tampa and Clevland 7 games. I think the Twinkies are good but they have only played hot so far against under .500 and NL teams (worse then 500. Very Happy) Also I think there outfelid 100% healthy still wouldnt be the best in the AL. I think they can do some damage but i think they will cool down.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Mac
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS


Age: 111
Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Posts: 1986
Topics: 206
Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote





Twins are only a few games out of the Wild Card and still the hottest team in the MLB, and Mr. K, I would imagine Joe Mauer's name will be coming up in the MVP voting as he has approx a .380 average over half way through the season, he is if not the best, one of the best defensive catcher in MLB as well.
_________________
Not gone for good... but gone for a good while
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fullmetal
BANNED


Age: 39
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 10306
Topics: 907
Feedback Score: 181
Location: Tallahassee, FL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:



Twins are only a few games out of the Wild Card and still the hottest team in the MLB, and Mr. K, I would imagine Joe Mauer's name will be coming up in the MVP voting as he has approx a .380 average over half way through the season, he is if not the best, one of the best defensive catcher in MLB as well.


I think he needs to quit baseball and come win the Heisman at FSU. I thought we had him. Bastard! Accepting a scholarship then changing his mind. Hell, Wienke came back to win the Heisman after 7 years of baseball. And Maurer still has the scholarship offer on the table.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mac
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS


Age: 111
Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Posts: 1986
Topics: 206
Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fullmetal wrote:
Mac wrote:



Twins are only a few games out of the Wild Card and still the hottest team in the MLB, and Mr. K, I would imagine Joe Mauer's name will be coming up in the MVP voting as he has approx a .380 average over half way through the season, he is if not the best, one of the best defensive catcher in MLB as well.


I think he needs to quit baseball and come win the Heisman at FSU. I thought we had him. Bastard! Accepting a scholarship then changing his mind. Hell, Wienke came back to win the Heisman after 7 years of baseball. And Maurer still has the scholarship offer on the table.




Florida Gators > FSU
_________________
Not gone for good... but gone for a good while
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fullmetal
BANNED


Age: 39
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 10306
Topics: 907
Feedback Score: 181
Location: Tallahassee, FL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac wrote:
fullmetal wrote:
Mac wrote:



Twins are only a few games out of the Wild Card and still the hottest team in the MLB, and Mr. K, I would imagine Joe Mauer's name will be coming up in the MVP voting as he has approx a .380 average over half way through the season, he is if not the best, one of the best defensive catcher in MLB as well.


I think he needs to quit baseball and come win the Heisman at FSU. I thought we had him. Bastard! Accepting a scholarship then changing his mind. Hell, Wienke came back to win the Heisman after 7 years of baseball. And Maurer still has the scholarship offer on the table.




Florida Gators > FSU


Nah, they are sorry human beings. Have to almost feel bad for them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The-K-man
MUST SEND FIRST, IF SELLING


Age: 28
Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1280
Topics: 122
Feedback Score: 9
Location: Vancouver :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got nothing about Mauer he is great really great but i do not think he will win MVP. Twins are only hot becuase last ten games are against under .500 teams so i would call them the hottet they need to prove themself against Sox and Tigers.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Mac
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS


Age: 111
Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Posts: 1986
Topics: 206
Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-K-man wrote:
I got nothing about Mauer he is great really great but i do not think he will win MVP. Twins are only hot becuase last ten games are against under .500 teams so i would call them the hottet they need to prove themself against Sox and Tigers.



Well, I guess you could say that about any team that gets hot though. Because all teams play the better teams and the worst teams.

Here is how they did in June. Notice the sweep of the Red Sox and the White Sox, the past two world series champions... but that must just be a fluke because the twins suck.



Here is how they have done so far in July, yeah, the competition is pretty weak, but I think they proved in June that they could last with the big boys. So you can't really go over the past 10 games and say that they only won because they played sub .500 teams.


_________________
Not gone for good... but gone for a good while
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The-K-man
MUST SEND FIRST, IF SELLING


Age: 28
Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1280
Topics: 122
Feedback Score: 9
Location: Vancouver :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please tell me how many games they won against either .500 AL or NL the only decent team they faced in a while was TEX. I think the Twins are great but I wouldnt say they are better then either Sox. They'll have to prove that they can win against hard teams like Detriot and ChiSox are stuggling. Still 60 games to be played Very Happy Now the Chisox are stuggling and the Yankees a little too but they will bounce back and either one of them will win the Wild Card. Twins have a chance but so do the Jays. Look KC took the Twins 2 games out of 3 so did Texas. That had to be the easyiest July for any team.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Mac
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS


Age: 111
Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Posts: 1986
Topics: 206
Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-K-man wrote:
Can you please tell me how many games they won against either .500 AL or NL the only decent team they faced in a while was TEX. I think the Twins are great but I wouldnt say they are better then either Sox. They'll have to prove that they can win against hard teams like Detriot and ChiSox are stuggling. Still 60 games to be played Very Happy Now the Chisox are stuggling and the Yankees a little too but they will bounce back and either one of them will win the Wild Card. Twins have a chance but so do the Jays. Look KC took the Twins 2 games out of 3 so did Texas. That had to be the easyiest July for any team.



#1. It isn't worth the time for me to go through all of that just to prove you wrong. So I'll let you think you are right until the Twins are in the playoffs in a few months.

#2. Who cares about the schedual? They have 2 of the top 4 teams in the MLB in their own division, they play the most games against their own divison. So that should say something as well.

#3. As I pointed out, in their past series' with the Red and Whtie Sox, they sweeped them both times, please tell me that beating both teams 3 games in a row is luck and not one ounce of skill.

#4. Joe Mauer is in the running for MVP.
_________________
Not gone for good... but gone for a good while
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The-K-man
MUST SEND FIRST, IF SELLING


Age: 28
Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1280
Topics: 122
Feedback Score: 9
Location: Vancouver :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1. I'll make you a bet $5 paypal they dont are we aloud to bet?
#2. I think Det is the best Red Sox Second I think the Yankees are better then the Sox but that just me.
#3. That took skill but a lot of teams beat the whitesox(latley) and Red Sox yes they are good but not playoff good.
#4. Mauer is in the runinng but like 4th i would put these people in front of him D. Ortiz ,T. Hafner , Wells, Maybe Ichiro Suzuki just maybe Papelbon. Yes Mauer is really great at hitting but not MVP. Were talking most vaulable to there team and he would probably be one of them but Lirano, and Santana maybe even Mourneau.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
whitestrokes433
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS


Age: 35
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 288
Topics: 28
Feedback Score: 0
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac, they swept the Cubs, not the ChiSox.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
The-K-man
MUST SEND FIRST, IF SELLING


Age: 28
Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1280
Topics: 122
Feedback Score: 9
Location: Vancouver :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Mac
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS


Age: 111
Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Posts: 1986
Topics: 206
Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, I may be out of the loop a bit on that strokes, but the strength of their schedual should not say anything about the team they have, they may very well have beaten the best of the best in the past 2 months, but we will never know

also, no betting is not allowed on the site unfortunately, but we will all find out at the end of the season who is in and who is out...
_________________
Not gone for good... but gone for a good while
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The-K-man
MUST SEND FIRST, IF SELLING


Age: 28
Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1280
Topics: 122
Feedback Score: 9
Location: Vancouver :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They took one from the Tigers with the 2 aces. I think they are good but I am still not convinced.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
whitestrokes433
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS


Age: 35
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 288
Topics: 28
Feedback Score: 0
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twins. 3-10 vs Tigers this season.

Liriano has allowed nine earned runs in Detroit this season, only two fewer than he has given up at the Metrodome.


The Twins are 0-7 in Detroit this year.


Mauer is batting around .270ish against the TIgers this season, around .370ish against every other team.

Smile


GOOOOO TIGERS!!!!


10 game lead, 10.5 lead over the Twins.

Boston and ChiSox are tied for the Wild Card now. Minnesota is 1.2 game back.


In the Twins last 3 REAL series (KC doesn't count), they are 2-5 (1-2 vs Tigers, 1-2 Vs Texas, 0-1 @ Tigers)


Atleast the ChiSox are sucking right now, so that gives the Twins a legit shot at 2nd.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
hockeytown
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS



Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Posts: 190
Topics: 103
Feedback Score: 0
Location: Michigan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tigers are my team but I don't see them getting out of the AL during the playoffs...Looks like Detroit has a pretty good shot at winning the Central but I just don't trust the pitching in the post season....Regardless it has been fun watching them play they already have more wins this season then in any of the previous six seasons...with that said the Tigers could lose the rest of their games in August and Sept. and still have more wins then the past six season...that how bad they were
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Juan Dixon Collector
MODERATOR


Age: 36
Joined: 12 Jun 2006
Posts: 16689
Topics: 1281
Feedback Score: 23
Location: Why do you need to know?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When all is said and done the last two Champs will be sitting at home when the post-season starts. I don't think either Sox team will turn it around so to me it would take an implosion by both the Yanks and/or Twins for either or both to get in
_________________
She's always in my heart and on my mind. 9/1/2005 - 12/8/2008 3 years of the Greatest Duo Ever
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mac
MUST SEND FIRST ON ALL TRANSACTIONS


Age: 111
Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Posts: 1986
Topics: 206
Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitestrokes433 wrote:
Twins. 3-10 vs Tigers this season.

Liriano has allowed nine earned runs in Detroit this season, only two fewer than he has given up at the Metrodome.


The Twins are 0-7 in Detroit this year.


Mauer is batting around .270ish against the TIgers this season, around .370ish against every other team.

Smile


GOOOOO TIGERS!!!!


10 game lead, 10.5 lead over the Twins.

Boston and ChiSox are tied for the Wild Card now. Minnesota is 1.2 game back.


In the Twins last 3 REAL series (KC doesn't count), they are 2-5 (1-2 vs Tigers, 1-2 Vs Texas, 0-1 @ Tigers)


Atleast the ChiSox are sucking right now, so that gives the Twins a legit shot at 2nd.



Hey, I'll take 2 out of 3 against the team with the best record in Major league baseball... Wink

Also, I'll take the Wild Card spot ahead of the past World Series Champs, and the World Series Champs before that.

Oh yeah, and I'll take my twins playoff tickets to watch the Tigers get owned a few rounds into the playoffs. Good thing they don't play the first 4 games in Detroit because I wouldn't be able to see the Twins spank'em.


-BMac Razz
_________________
Not gone for good... but gone for a good while
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The-K-man
MUST SEND FIRST, IF SELLING


Age: 28
Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1280
Topics: 122
Feedback Score: 9
Location: Vancouver :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Chitown wins today they are back looks like the game against the Jays is over but still and inning and 2 thirds
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Baseball -> League Talk All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
HobbyKings.com

Promote Your Page Too

phpBB Template by Vereor