HobbyKings.com - Only the Elite
FAQ Search Staff Members Groups Register Login to check PMs
Rules Login/Out Store
Twitter Facebook YouTube Blog
Has Albert Pujols had no problem with Drug ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Baseball -> League Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nbacardDOTnet
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 277
Feedback Score: 23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Has Albert Pujols had no problem with Drug ? Reply with quote

hi guys.

This is the first time to make thread here.
(Because I have liked, watched and collected only NBA)

But I have the only favorite player in MLB..He is Albert Pujols !!

Well..Now a days, I heard many MLB players were revealed they had something to do with drug.
(Even A-Rod)

Sometimes people said "He deceived his real age".

I don't know that is true but it is true Pujols has been crazy.

I'm just Curious....Pujols has nothing to do with drug?

The # 1 Robert Horry Collector on The Planet !!

Looking for Alonzo Mourning, Robert Horry Cards !! BUT NEARLY QUIT HOBBY

Click below picture to enter Big 1990's NBA Station. Smile

Hidden: 
bdowden23
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 359
Feedback Score: 13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of Pujols being linked to steroids, HGH, ect. ect. So who knows. There are still guys out there who got to where they are strictly by talent and hard work. Guys like Manny, Griffey Jr., Frank Thomas and other's have played the game well without the help of steroids.
RETIRED FROM THE HOBBY....FOR NOW.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigboy0222
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 470
Feedback Score: 142

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is to say but like with any player i'd give it a 50/50 chance either way. i think the whole steroids thing is blown way out and im sick of hearing it. it doesn't make average players great, it makes great players better.

if bonds/mcgwire/palmiero/arod are kept out of the hall because they did steroids, then there shouldn't be a hall of fame. you cant keep the great players out. they need to put their ego's aside, and say to themselves that these are great players even w/o steroids. they deserve to be in
Wanted: Maurice Ager cards here http://www.hobbykings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=394586#394586

Also anything Maurice Ager Exquisite

ewilkens
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 271
Feedback Score: 98

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigboy0222 wrote:
who is to say but like with any player i'd give it a 50/50 chance either way. i think the whole steroids thing is blown way out and im sick of hearing it. it doesn't make average players great, it makes great players better.

if bonds/mcgwire/palmiero/arod are kept out of the hall because they did steroids, then there shouldn't be a hall of fame. you cant keep the great players out. they need to put their ego's aside, and say to themselves that these are great players even w/o steroids. they deserve to be in

I'm going to politely disagree with that last part. If you can keep the all-time hit leader out of the Hall of Fame, you can definitely keep guys who cheated out. once they let Pete Rose in, talk to me and maybe I'll reconsider.

but back on topic, it's really tough to say on Pujols. You'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt b/c he hasn't been linked to anything. But at the same time it was such a dirty era when he came into the league that there's no way to know for sure. For the sake of the game, I hope he's clean, but it's tough to say.

and now way off topic, I wanted to invent a game called super-baseball.... where steroids are encouraged...
only the bases are moved another 10 ft apart (100 ft.) and the fences are back a minimum of 500 ft...
and there's a short centerfielder... and still a DH

it'd be fun... 10 man lineups, all juiced up power hitters. It'd be like the XFL.

International Shipping is difficult for me, so please inform me if you're overseas before negotiating for any of my cards

I trade by PV (personal value) it combines BV, SV and how much I really want the card involved.
bigboy0222
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 470
Feedback Score: 142

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill agree that pete rose should be in before these guys. the hall of fame should look at what the players do on the field not off of it. players are people, not gods. they make mistakes. those writers and older HOF'er are all hypocrites. im sure they've all made mistakes that they don't want to talk about. if you keep the all time home run leader and all time hit king out of the hall of fame, then as far as im concerned the HOF can stick it. they want to make it sounds like the HOF is the "holy of holies." well its not so stop acting like it is and let people in who deserve to be there.

lets not put anybody in the hall of fame that played between '85-07' because they MIGHT/PROBABLY DID take steroids. lets just cut that era out of baseball history. its all a wash
Wanted: Maurice Ager cards here http://www.hobbykings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=394586#394586

Also anything Maurice Ager Exquisite

RJefferson24
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 150
Feedback Score: 25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all the numbers should have an asterik next to their names.

On Pujols, there is not doubt in my mind that that dude is roided up. There is no humanely way to get that big without the help of roids, hgh etc. Let's remember here, a lot of the Hispanic players are coming from nothing, so they already have the talent, why wouldn't they take something to help make money. I honestly think a lot of the Hispanic players are juiced up, but I don't think it's there fault. I think it's the management. They get these players cheap, and basically mold them into the player they want..cheaply.

And don't get me wrong, whites, blacks, I don't care who you are if you juice, it's a shame to the game. I have no respect for anyone who used anything to get a leg up.
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 351
Feedback Score: 12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJefferson24 wrote:

On Pujols, there is not doubt in my mind that that dude is roided up. There is no humanely way to get that big without the help of roids, hgh etc. Let's remember here, a lot of the Hispanic players are coming from nothing, so they already have the talent, why wouldn't they take something to help make money. I honestly think a lot of the Hispanic players are juiced up, but I don't think it's there fault. I think it's the management. They get these players cheap, and basically mold them into the player they want..cheaply.

And don't get me wrong, whites, blacks, I don't care who you are if you juice, it's a shame to the game. I have no respect for anyone who used anything to get a leg up.

I am not Hispanic but I am offended by your comments and think they are highly inappropriate.
RJefferson24
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 150
Feedback Score: 25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gb234 wrote:
RJefferson24 wrote:

I am not Hispanic but I am offended by your comments and think they are highly inappropriate.

That's wasn't what I was aiming for, to bash the hispanics. What I'm trying to say is that your plucking these kids from poor homes and telling them they can become rich. What I was trying to say was that I think they're being used to a point. Read the Sports Illustrated article about the Angels prospect who's now a doctor. He said that their locker room was divided into Hispanics and non-Hispanics. And I'm not saying it's only the Hispanics. Because of all the people caught almost all of them are white. I'm just trying to say is I believe some of these team's trainers are helping them along with their development.
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 351
Feedback Score: 12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJefferson24 wrote:
Gb234 wrote:
RJefferson24 wrote:

That's wasn't what I was aiming for, to bash the hispanics. What I'm trying to say is that your plucking these kids from poor homes and telling them they can become rich. What I was trying to say was that I think they're being used to a point. Read the Sports Illustrated article about the Angels prospect who's now a doctor. He said that their locker room was divided into Hispanics and non-Hispanics. And I'm not saying it's only the Hispanics. Because of all the people caught almost all of them are white. I'm just trying to say is I believe some of these team's trainers are helping them along with their development.

Again your comments were offensive and inappropriate.
bdowden23
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 359
Feedback Score: 13

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJefferson24 wrote:
Gb234 wrote:
RJefferson24 wrote:

I get what you are saying. Hispanic players are easy targets as more often than not, when they arrive in our country can barely comprehend the language. Much less have an exact idea of what is legal/illegal. There are guys who have used this as an excuse(cough cough Sosa) but I think there are quite a few guys out there who have been caught or involved with steroids that didn't know that what they were taking was in fact illegal. You're asking quite a bit from these guys who come from poor countries like that to not only learn another language and and adapt to a new culture, but become bonafied doctors/lawyers so they can comprehend the legal/professional implications of what they are taking. Heck there, are quite a few substances on the banned list that I have never ever heard of.
RETIRED FROM THE HOBBY....FOR NOW.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Juan Dixon Collector

Topics: 1281
Feedback Score: 23

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sports Illustrated talked to Pujols about Bonds steroids a couple years ago and he was like leave him alone and I think he didn't care about that stuff or who used it. I know it was brought up from that interview as to whether he took them or not too.

Also I do agree with Steven in regards to Hispanic players. Its not so much the players, to an extent to blame, as it is the people who are "looking out for their best interests." So many "scouts or coaches" that discover these players give them illegal drugs and convince them there is nothing wrong with them so that they can cash in on this young kid, 12-16. These are the same people who doctor their birth certificates so that they are under different ages and names to make the pro teams salivate. I know I've watched a few reports about the abuse or usage of drugs in the Hispanic countries
SacKingsR1
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 761
Feedback Score: 133

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brit, I don't find it offensive at all. He is basing his opinions on evidence and not his personal views. Personal views are offensive but his points based on how some corporations and managements are run or in fact true. He doesn't state his own opinion on the idea but just gives its based on facts he gathered from research which is in deed appropriate so don't blame him nor bring it up please.

Arguing some cases based on research you may due brit is a good idea as well as it is also not true 100 percent of the time as rjefferson says Wink Wording could be selected more appropriately though so I understand your point too brit so it's not one sided Smile Just don't want this to get out of hand as then people get upset and wonder why we make more rules and become more strick on this site. Next rule no talking about difference races lol.

I do see where you are coming from RJefferson as I have seen many films etc. related to hispanics and baseball. But you know what it's sad and it happens to all cultures and races around the world. It happens for a reason whether it be right or wrong.

Also bigboy your point about on and off the field should be true. Like in basketball if someone is tested positive for drugs it becomes off the court issue even though it leads to suspensions on the court. But in your perspective it is completely different. You are wrong on the idea that roids is an off the field issue in baseball. Those please are taking roids for on the field performance and solely for that purpose only.

Some players such as in basketball do drugs because of their lifestyle and nothing to do with the game. So I hope you get the difference now! And yes every bit helps with roids to go the extra edge. I agree that great players are great but many of the achievements would not be accomplished without roids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       HobbyKings.com Forum Index -> Baseball -> League Talk All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: